Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Harnett, Brendan" <br...@logicacmg.com> on 2005/11/03 15:28:44 UTC

make -> maven

Hi

We are currently responsible for developing and maintaining a large code base (mainly C++ but also Java) which is currently built using Make. We are considering replacing make with maven for our builds as it provides good support for distributed builds, release management and seems to handle dependencies well.

It appears that we would need to use the Maven native plug-in, to build the C++ components.  This plug-in exists for Maven 1.0 but doesn't seem to be available yet for Maven 2.0.  Does anyone know when this plug-in might be available or if there is another possible approach.

Any general advice from anyone who has ported an application from make to Maven or has experience of building C++ applications using Maven would be greatly appreciated (i.e is this a good idea or not?)

Thanks

Brendan