Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Yasser Zamani <ya...@apache.org> on 2018/08/22 07:35:10 UTC

[ANN] Apache Struts 2.3.35 GA with Security Fixes Release

The Apache Struts group is pleased to announce that Struts 2.3.35 is
available as a “General Availability” release. The GA designation is
our highest quality grade.

In addition to critical overall proactive security improvements, this
release addresses one potential security vulnerability:
- Possible Remote Code Execution when using results with no namespace
and in same time, its upper action(s) have no or wildcard namespace.
Same possibility when using url tag which doesn’t have value and action
set. - S2-057 -
http://struts.apache.org/docs/s2-057.html

Apache Struts 2 is an elegant, extensible framework for creating
enterprise-ready Java web applications. The framework is designed to
streamline the full development cycle, from building, to deploying, to
maintaining applications over time.

All developers are strongly advised to perform this action.

The 2.3.x series of the Apache Struts framework has a minimum
requirement of the following specification versions: Servlet API 2.4,
JSP API 2.0, and Java 6.

Should any issues arise with your use of any version of the Struts
framework, please post your comments to the user list, and, if
appropriate, file a tracking ticket.

You can download this version from our download page.
http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts-23x

Regards.

Re: [ANN] Apache Struts 2.3.35 GA with Security Fixes Release

Posted by Yasser Zamani <ya...@apache.org>.
On 8/22/2018 4:19 PM, Martin Gainty wrote:
> Yasser
>
> which CVE or group of CVEs does this address?

Thanks for your posting Martin,

This addresses CVE-2018-11776 as I mentioned in it's S2-057's link and
announced into user list at [1].

Regards.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/759817f0a0156cebe24b2ad9502fb26a1d03cf3d7cecb5d75f0c66ea@%3Cuser.struts.apache.org%3E

Re: [ANN] Apache Struts 2.3.35 GA with Security Fixes Release

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Yasser

which CVE or group of CVEs does this address?

________________________________
[...]

B�KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKCB��[��X��ܚX�KK[XZ[�\�\�][��X��ܚX�P��]˘\X�K�ܙ�B��܈Y][ۘ[��[X[��K[XZ[�\�\�Z[��]˘\X�K�ܙ�B

RE: [ANN] Apache Struts 2.3.35 GA with Security Fixes Release

Posted by "FAGES, Amaury" <am...@capgemini.com>.
Hi,

Indeed, mea culpa. We often look at https://mvnrepository.com and always though itw as mirror but apparently not.
Build is OK and releases pending.

Thank you again.

Amaury Fages
Aspiring Architect |  Center

Capgemini France | Nantes
Tel.: +33 2 49 53 11 34
www.capgemini.com

Connect with Capgemini:

Please consider the environment and do not print this email unless absolutely necessary.
Capgemini encourages environmental awareness.

Posted by Yasser Zamani <ya...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
czw., 23 sie 2018 o 08:01 Gokul Raj <vg...@gmail.com> napisał(a):
> Should we update dependancy jar or is that okay to update only struts core
> jar?

It is always a better idea to upgrade all the dependencies.

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [ANN] Apache Struts 2.3.35 GA with Security Fixes Release

Posted by Gokul Raj <vg...@gmail.com>.

--

Regards
Gokul