Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Aynalem, Seblewengel (Trawick)" <Se...@USPTO.GOV> on 2006/09/29 14:01:02 UTC

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException

Hi all,

I am using tomcat 5.5.17 and SQL Server 2000 (with SQL 2005 Driver).  I have a login page that tries to connect to the database and verify user name and password but the following error comes up:

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnection
Factory (An I/O error occurred while receiving the TDS prelogin response.)

Anyone has any idea?  Your help is highly appreciated.

Seble.

Re: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
I don't use SQL Server, but I would think an I/O error would imply a
network problem initializing a connection to the server.  Are you sure
you specified the server's url correctly and there are no firewalls
blocking communication?  Can you connect to the db server from your
tomcat server using a standard fat client?

--David