Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Romain Rigaux <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/26 03:05:34 UTC

New PigEditor for Eclipse with autocomplete

Hi,

I just posted a new Pig Editor for Eclipse:
http://romainr.github.com/PigEditor/

The goal is to have it help you like Eclipse for Java (autocomplete, show
errors in red....). Still a lot to do/clean but it is a first version.

It works with Eclipse 3.7:
http://romainr.github.com/PigEditor/updates/(have not tried yet with
older versions).

Romain

Re: New PigEditor for Eclipse with autocomplete

Posted by Chaitanya Sharma <go...@gmail.com>.
wonderful! looking forward to try it out.

Posted by Romain Rigaux <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for trying! I also updated it today and the keywords are now case
insensitive.

Yes, basically the Pig grammar is not complete yet, so some instructions are
not seen as valid.

Right now %declare does not accept back quote and needs a semi colon. I will
fix some cases like this tomorrow.

Romain

Posted by Gianmarco <gi...@gmail.com>.
Nice!