Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alex Hitchins <al...@alexhitchins.com> on 2014/05/02 17:07:45 UTC

IDE Configuration Issues

Hello All,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with an issue I keep getting.

My builds seem to be working A-OK, I can get Jetty running, build noredist,
deploy database etc. The issue seems to only be with whatever IDE I use. I
would like to use IntelliJ IDEA so I've been doing most of my hair pulling
with the latest version. I've loaded up the project and tried to make
however have been getting lots of errors.

It seems that the majority of errors are related to imports statements.
Using IntelliJ I can 'fix' the issue by selecting 'Add to Class path'. Once
done, this seems to work and remove that error. I've re-built from the
command line before & after this process and I don't get any knock-on
effects. I looked at the classpath file before and it appeared all were
already there, with explicit links to the jar files.

After having gone through all the import statements causing errors I now get
errors related to the spring framework. The error says it can't find the
class file for a selection of objects, first one I see is
o.s.c.e.EnvironmentCapable. I guess this is something similar to the
classpath issue above, as the project will compile on the command line.

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong? What am I missing?

And help gratefully received!

Alex Hitchins
------------------------------
E: alex@alexhitchins.com
W: alexhitchins.com
M: 07788 423 969
T: 01892 523 587

RE: IDE Configuration Issues

Posted by Alex Hitchins <al...@alexhitchins.com>.
Morning Ian,

I did import from the Maven profile, so I'd have thought the dependancies would have been resolved. I will try again with a clean pull to see if I perhaps missed a step. The thing that confuses me the most is that it builds from the command line, so the project is obviously intact. It must be the IDE trying to do something clever or not picking up the files correctly.

Alex Hitchins | 07788 423 969 | 01892 523 587

There's little need to mess with the classpath stuff. Let the maven handle that.

Import the project into intellij as a maven project, it should resolve all redist dependencies. You can add the noredist jar manually via the project structure options in intellij.

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.