Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/02 18:00:23 UTC

Re: [log4j] release plans for 2.12.0?

On Thu, 30 May 2019 at 01:17, Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> I have been working on a large commit for 3.0 to change how plugins are bound and to move the plugin code to its own module. Following that I plan on going through more Jira issues that are critical. I know of a few that I feel need to be addressed. Once that is done I will think about pushing a release.

This sounds fairly interesting. After working on the Groovy DSL
locally the past couple weekends, I've become interested again in
seeing improvements in the plugin and configuration API. Ideally, I'd
like to see us try to reduce special case code inside configurations
and instead rely on the plugin system to structure injection of
things.

> I hope you have looked at the Spring Cloud Config and Docker support I added.

I did code review of it a while ago, though I haven't had a chance to
try it out yet. I have a discovery task in the Jenkins audit log
plugin to check it out for possible use in a cloud-native Jenkins
setup.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>