Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/21 12:04:26 UTC

Reminder: GSoC students are to submit their applications to Google Was: [general] GSoC 2008 Refactor Java Bytecode Translator

Hello, Tharindu, Edmundo, Thilina, Alexey (Shipilev), Ilia (Leviev),
Nelly, Maxim, Dmitry, and those I have missed in the list,

Konstantin's letter reminded me that we are getting close to March,
24, which is not just Vladimir Strigun's birthday, but also the GSoC
student application submission date. Getting the project from the Wiki
page [1] is not enough for you to get sponsored. The Wiki page only
contained ideas which allowed ASF getting mentoring organization
status, and it is up to you to come up with a final project
description fully aligned with your interests. To receive Google's
sponsorship, you have to submit your application with a project
description to Google at the beginning of the next week.

I believe that guidelines for writing applications will appear at the
project page [2], and there is no need to wait for them. Start working
with your mentor and Harmony community to make technical description
of your project look attractive for reviewers. Thank you in advance
for participating and for not missing a submission due date. :-)

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008#harmony
[2] http://code.google.com/soc/2008/

[...]
--
With best regards,
Alexei

Re: Reminder: GSoC students are to submit their applications to Google Was: [general] GSoC 2008 Refactor Java Bytecode Translator

Posted by Tharindu Mathew <mc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alexei. I've been busy with some report due for campus these days. I
will submit a draft proposal to you as soon as possible.

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 5:38 PM, Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Please take a look at nice general guidelines here,
> http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/AdviceforStudents
>
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Alexei Fedotov
> <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello, Tharindu, Edmundo, Thilina, Alexey (Shipilev), Ilia (Leviev),
> >  Nelly, Maxim, Dmitry, and those I have missed in the list,
> >
> >  Konstantin's letter reminded me that we are getting close to March,
> >  24, which is not just Vladimir Strigun's birthday, but also the GSoC
> >  student application submission date. Getting the project from the Wiki
> >  page [1] is not enough for you to get sponsored. The Wiki page only
> >  contained ideas which allowed ASF getting mentoring organization
> >  status, and it is up to you to come up with a final project
> >  description fully aligned with your interests. To receive Google's
> >  sponsorship, you have to submit your application with a project
> >  description to Google at the beginning of the next week.
> >
> >  I believe that guidelines for writing applications will appear at the
> >  project page [2], and there is no need to wait for them. Start working
> >  with your mentor and Harmony community to make technical description
> >  of your project look attractive for reviewers. Thank you in advance
> >  for participating and for not missing a submission due date. :-)
> >
> >  [1] http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008#harmony
> >  [2] http://code.google.com/soc/2008/
> >

> >  On 20 Mar 2008 16:10:48 +0300, Egor Pasko <eg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  [...]
> >  >
> >  >  > And one more question: do I have to insert wiki into
> >  >  > http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008 or an appliacation
> woud be
> >  >  > enough to present my ideas?
> >  >
> >  >  no. you do not need to update the page.
> >  >
> >  >  --
> >  >  Egor Pasko
> >  >