Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by hwatkins <hw...@mergate.com> on 2008/02/01 18:38:51 UTC

Re: Project Layouts

I am trying to use the Layout class in buildr 1.3.  I have the following
buildfile that tries to set the java path to 'src'  This is an older project
and does not follow the src/main/java convention it just has the files under
src
buildfile
my_layout = Layout.new
my_layout[:source, :main, :java ] = 'src'
puts my_layout.expand(:source, :main, :java)

desc "The Simple project"
define "simple", :layout=>my_layout  do
  puts path_to(:source, :main, :java)
  puts compile.target.to_s
  puts compile.sources.to_s

It does not work, this the output I get:
src
/home/hwatkins/simple/src

Building simple
Testing simple
Completed in 0.094s

If I change it around so the source is under src/java, I can get it to work
(I can't do this with the real project though...)
buildfile
my_layout = Layout.new
my_layout[:source, :main ] = 'src'
puts my_layout.expand(:source, :main, :java)
desc "The Simple project"
define "simple", :layout=>my_layout  do
  puts path_to(:source, :main, :java)
  puts compile.target.to_s
  puts compile.sources.to_s

output
src/java
/home/hwatkins/simple/src/java
/home/hwatkins/simple/target/main/classes
/home/hwatkins/simple/src/java
Building simple
Testing simple
Completed in 0.090s

Any idea what I'm missing?

THanks,

Hugh

Re: Project Layouts

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>.
Fixed in SVN.

Assaf

--
CTO, Intalio
http://www.intalio.com

Re: Project Layouts

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>.
I checked the source code, that's a bug, working on fixing it.

Assaf

On 2/1/08, hwatkins <hw...@mergate.com> wrote:

> I am trying to use the Layout class in buildr 1.3.  I have the following
> buildfile that tries to set the java path to 'src'  This is an older
> project
> and does not follow the src/main/java convention it just has the files
> under
> src
> buildfile
> my_layout = Layout.new
> my_layout[:source, :main, :java ] = 'src'
> puts my_layout.expand(:source, :main, :java)
>
> desc "The Simple project"
> define "simple", :layout=>my_layout  do
>   puts path_to(:source, :main, :java)
>   puts compile.target.to_s
>   puts compile.sources.to_s
>
> It does not work, this the output I get:
> src
> /home/hwatkins/simple/src
>

> Building simple
> Testing simple
> Completed in 0.094s
>
> If I change it around so the source is under src/java, I can get it to
> work
> (I can't do this with the real project though...)
> buildfile
> my_layout = Layout.new
> my_layout[:source, :main ] = 'src'
> puts my_layout.expand(:source, :main, :java)
> desc "The Simple project"
> define "simple", :layout=>my_layout  do
>   puts path_to(:source, :main, :java)
>   puts compile.target.to_s
>   puts compile.sources.to_s
>
> output
> src/java
> /home/hwatkins/simple/src/java
> /home/hwatkins/simple/target/main/classes
> /home/hwatkins/simple/src/java
> Building simple
> Testing simple
> Completed in 0.090s