Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/24 08:21:08 UTC

hdfs du periodicity and hdfs not respond at that time

hi all,
I found hdfs du periodicity(one hour), and because my disk is big, the
smallest one is 15T, so when hdfs exec du, datanode will not respond for
about 3 minuts because of io loading, this cause a lot of problem, anybody
knows why hdfs doing this and how to disable it?

--
Thanks &  Regards
Xibin Liu

Re: hdfs du periodicity and hdfs not respond at that time

Posted by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.
I'm using ext3 and use df instead of du is a good way to solve this
problem, thanks you all

Posted by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: hdfs du periodicity and hdfs not respond at that time

Posted by Chris Embree <ce...@gmail.com>.
What type of FS are you using  under HDFS?  XFS, ext3, ext4?  The type and
configuration of the underlying FS will impact performance.
Most notably, ext3 has a lock-up effect when flushing disk cache.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: hdfs du periodicity and hdfs not respond at that time

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: hdfs du periodicity and hdfs not respond at that time

Posted by Chris Embree <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Embree <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: hdfs du periodicity and hdfs not respond at that time

Posted by Chris Embree <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xibin Liu <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

--
Harsh J

Re: hdfs du periodicity and hdfs not respond at that time

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

--
Harsh J

Re: hdfs du periodicity and hdfs not respond at that time

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

--
Harsh J

Re: hdfs du periodicity and hdfs not respond at that time

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

--
Harsh J