Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Joachim F. Kainz" <jf...@jolira.com> on 2010/08/19 19:26:09 UTC

Wicket Jobs San Francisco Bay Area

My apologies to most of you who will consider this Spam, but we are
looking for developers with Wicket experience in the San Francisco Bay
Area.

We are a "boutique" consulting business (not voluntarily, but we lacked
lucrative product ideas when we started the business:). We are
headquartered in San Francisco. Among other things we are behind two
very successful mobile  web-sites of Fortune 25 companies. Rating
agencies such as Gomez seem to think we develop some of the fastest and
most efficient mobile web-sites in the US.

We are looking for a number of Wicket developers for a project in
Brisbane, CA. Besides being funny & personable candidates should have
the following qualities:

      * At least a year of hands-on experience with Wicket
      * At least 5 years of experience with J2SE & J2EE
      * Candidates must have experience with developing software at a
        large enterprise; we are more tun than that, but we need you to
        know how to behave.
      * We are using Guice for dependency injection; experience with
        this type of IOC would be a plus
      * We are using jersey & cxf WebServices; you do not have to
        religious about it (I prefer you are not), but you should now
        how to use these technologies
      * Maven runs our builds
      * We are using agile and you will be required to create JUnit
        tests and JavaDoc without nagging and complaining!

Nothing beats having experience; having personality would also be a
great plus.

I do not represent a recruiting agency. The jobs are with my company
directly. If you are interested, please send me a resume that reflect
what you actually have done in your career. Don't put stuff on your
resume you do not want me to ask you about in a phone screen. I have
heard grown men cry before. It is not pretty.

If you represent some commercial interest, please do not contact me. We
are not working with recruiting agencies and I do not care how much
cheaper resources are in China or India. I need capable people on-site
right here in the US. Unless you are very, very, very good, we do not
sponsor H1-Bs. Sorry, I am an immigrant myself, but we just do not like
doing the H1-B paperwork.

If, after reading all of this, you are still interested, please send
your resume to jobs@jolira.com and make sure you include some contact
information.

Best regards,

Joachim

Re: Wicket Jobs San Francisco Bay Area

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.
Is this vacancy open to non-US residents?

regards.
Josh