Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by l yeung <le...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/11 11:34:30 UTC

How to pass object as parameter to popup window

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to Wicket, so forgive me if my question sound silly.

I've implemented a preview window by using bookmarkable page link and  popup
settings, very similar to "Linkomatic" from wicket examples:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        PopupSettings popupSettings = new
PopupSettings(PageMap.forName("mypopuppagemap")).setHeight(
            500).setWidth(500);
        add(new BookmarkablePageLink("popupLink",
MyPage.class).setPopupSettings(popupSettings));

However, the issue that I face is that I need to pass an object as parameter
to MyPage, as this object is a class containing validated input values from
UI but not been persisted
 to db.

What would be the best way to implement this?

Thanks.

Cheers

Re: How to pass object as parameter to popup window

Posted by Iain Reddick <ia...@beatsystems.com>.
The data you want to show on the page is transient, so it isn't really
bookmarkable.

Use a regular Link and give the page class a constructor that takes your
DTO.

Posted by Mathias Nilsson <wi...@gmail.com>.
Session or pageParameters