Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org> on 2012/05/31 21:27:12 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.12 Release Candidate

Discussion thread for vote on 0.12 release candidate.

For more information on the release process, checkout -
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

Some of the things to check before voting are:
- can you run the demo binaries
- can you build the contents of source-release.zip and svn tag
- do all of the staged jars/zips contain the required LICENSE, NOTICE and DISCLAIMER files
- are all of the staged artifacts signed and the signature verifiable
- is the signing key in the project's KEYS file and on a public server

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.12 Release Candidate

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>.
On 1 June 2012 07:24, Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Jasha Joachimsthal <jasha@apache.org
> >wrote:
>
> > Discussion thread for vote on 0.12 release candidate.
> >
> > For more information on the release process, checkout -
> > http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
> >
> > Some of the things to check before voting are:
> > - can you run the demo binaries
> > - can you build the contents of source-release.zip and svn tag
> > - do all of the staged jars/zips contain the required LICENSE, NOTICE and
> > DISCLAIMER files
> >

> Are we expecting an actual "DISCLAIMER" file? The way the email is written
> I was expecting a file with that name which I didn't find anywhere.

Nice catch. The disclaimer was needed when Rave was still an incubating
project, but not anymore.
I'll change the discuss mail example.

Posted by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>.