Posted to issues@archiva.apache.org by ghostwolf59 <ma...@commerce.wa.gov.au> on 2014/04/15 08:44:57 UTC

archiva 2.0.1 - LDAP issues...

Hi,

Trying to get archiva 2.0.1 configured to use LDAP to authenticate users but
so far no luck

Archiva successfully validates the verifies LDAP changes and server side
configurations but still no luck with Role mappings.

Nothing shows up and I'm buggered if I can find any information on how to
set this up properly.

There also seem to be some issues with the drag and drop feature (which I
think is a known bug) but no actual work around provided as far as I can
see.

Have no idea if the chosen Manager is to blame for my ldap setup fails to
resolve any roles.
The currently chosen Managers shown in the ui is
UserManager(s) chosen = Database User Manager

RBacManager(s) chosen = Database RBac Manager

Available User Managers = LDAP User Manager
Available RBac Managers = LDAP RBac Manager

Would appreciate if someone would be kind enough to provide some hints on
how to resolve these issues.

Also had issues when upgrading from 1.3.6 to 2.0.1 - followed the upgrade
path to the letter but 2.0.1 failed to recognize any previous user accounts
which forced me to re-create every single user account again. So far no
explanation or recognition of this being an issue with this latest release.
Earlier upgrades have worked without any issues.

cheers

Re: archiva 2.0.1 - LDAP issues...

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
On 15 April 2014 16:44, ghostwolf59 <ma...@commerce.wa.gov.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to get archiva 2.0.1 configured to use LDAP to authenticate users but
> so far no luck
>
> Archiva successfully validates the verifies LDAP changes and server side
> configurations but still no luck with Role mappings.
>
> Nothing shows up and I'm buggered if I can find any information on how to
> set this up properly.
>
> There also seem to be some issues with the drag and drop feature (which I
> think is a known bug) but no actual work around provided as far as I can
> see.
>
> Have no idea if the chosen Manager is to blame for my ldap setup fails to
> resolve any roles.
> The currently chosen Managers shown in the ui is
> UserManager(s) chosen = Database User Manager
>
> RBacManager(s) chosen = Database RBac Manager
>
> Available User Managers = LDAP User Manager
> Available RBac Managers = LDAP RBac Manager

You must move LDAP* to chosen side.

> Would appreciate if someone would be kind enough to provide some hints on
> how to resolve these issues.
>
> Also had issues when upgrading from 1.3.6 to 2.0.1 - followed the upgrade
> path to the letter but 2.0.1 failed to recognize any previous user accounts
> which forced me to re-create every single user account again. So far no
> explanation or recognition of this being an issue with this latest release.
> Earlier upgrades have worked without any issues.

Any log for that?

> cheers

Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au