Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Andy <an...@orprovision.com> on 2010/06/04 10:33:06 UTC

Re: AdminDaemon not stopping standalone server.

On 27.05.2010 18:54, David Blevins wrote:
> On May 27, 2010, at 7:28 AM, Andy wrote:

>>> In Main.initServer() or within the Server.init() method - i.e It registers itself upon a call to init?
>>>

>> In addition to this the Server.stop() call should call manager.stop(); 'after' OpenEJB.destroy(); as this initiates a vm shutdown.
>>
>> public void stop() throws Exception {
>>         OpenEJB.destroy();
>>         manager.stop(); //Initiates a vm shutdown....
>>     }
>>
> Great.  Attach a patch to OPENEJB-1249 and I'll get it in!
>
> On a very related note, we've got this ant script that we've been using at release time to download zips, start the standalone server, deploys and runs the itests app then shuts it down again.
>
>    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/assembly/test/build.xml
>
> It would be wonderful to have some version of it that is hooked into the build and run as part of the openejb-standalone package, so then we'd be running it as developers regularly and it would always be going in the CI system.
>
> Any interest in hacking on something along those lines?
>
> -David

I wanted to get this done before I swanned off into the sun, but time
was cut short. Just to let you know I'll be off the radar for two weeks,
and will continue on it when I get back!

Andy.

Re: AdminDaemon not stopping standalone server.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jun 4, 2010, at 1:33 AM, Andy wrote:

> On 27.05.2010 18:54, David Blevins wrote:
>> On a very related note, we've got this ant script that we've been using at release time to download zips, start the standalone server, deploys and runs the itests app then shuts it down again.
>>
>>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/assembly/test/build.xml
>>
>> It would be wonderful to have some version of it that is hooked into the build and run as part of the openejb-standalone package, so then we'd be running it as developers regularly and it would always be going in the CI system.
>>
> I wanted to get this done before I swanned off into the sun, but time was cut short. Just to let you know I'll be off the radar for two weeks, and will continue on it when I get back!

No worries.  Hope you're on vacation! :)

-David

Testing Tomcat integration in build (was Re: AdminDaemon not stopping standalone server.)

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jun 4, 2010, at 1:33 AM, Andy wrote:

> On 27.05.2010 18:54, David Blevins wrote:
>> On a very related note, we've got this ant script that we've been using at release time to download zips, start the standalone server, deploys and runs the itests app then shuts it down again.
>>
>>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/assembly/test/build.xml
>>
>> It would be wonderful to have some version of it that is hooked into the build and run as part of the openejb-standalone package, so then we'd be running it as developers regularly and it would always be going in the CI system.
>>
>> Any interest in hacking on something along those lines?
>>
> I wanted to get this done before I swanned off into the sun, but time was cut short. Just to let you know I'll be off the radar for two weeks, and will continue on it when I get back!

Hi Andy!

Not sure if you've had a chance to look at this -- no worries if not, work work comes first :)

A user just posted about the tomcat:run plugin for maven and I dug up this JIRA:

  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MTOMCAT-10

I wonder if this is something we could be using?  Might make that ant script irrelevant.

-David