Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by er...@xs4all.nl on 2000/03/16 19:57:52 UTC

sql->xmldata->html via xslt

Hi all,

I am trying to retrieve from a (Sybase) database via Cocoon (1.7).

The example in database-page.xml (with some changes) works fine
and delivers xmldata to browser.

Now, I want to transform the (xml) data into html (or into something else, for
that matter) by a database-page.xsl file *before* receiving it at the client.

How do I get Cocoon to do both processes ( sql->xmldata->html ).

Sorry if obvious, just started to look at xsl.

Thanks for any insight

Erikjan Rijkers

Re: sql->xmldata->html via xslt

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 er@xs4all.nl wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to retrieve from a (Sybase) database via Cocoon (1.7).
>
> The example in database-page.xml (with some changes) works fine
> and delivers xmldata to browser.
>
> Now, I want to transform the (xml) data into html (or into something
> else, for that matter) by a database-page.xsl file *before* receiving
> it at the client.
>
> How do I get Cocoon to do both processes ( sql->xmldata->html ).

add another cocoon-process PI. See the cocoon user's guide for info.

- donald