Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Markus Kobler <ma...@taglab.com> on 2005/07/26 10:45:23 UTC

How to prevent JSP from creating a session by default?

We have recently introduced load balancing using JK and have been
surprised to find that by default, all JSP pages create a user session.

Adding <%@ page session="false" %> seems to be the only way
of disabling this. I assume this is because every JSP has access to the
session object. Is there anyway to disabling this by default?

Thanks

Markus

Re: How to prevent JSP from creating a session by default?

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
If your running tomcat5, look at the JSP spec - JSP.3.3.5 Defining Implicit
Includes

This *might* allow you to declare <%@ page session="false" %> in an include
then have that be included in all your jsp's.

-Tim