Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Michal Hlavac <mi...@hlavki.eu> on 2021/03/18 14:59:08 UTC

gzip encoding with HttpAsyncClient

Hi,

I would like to ask if it's possible to use AbstractCharResponseConsumer when content-encoding is gzip.
I thought that http client will handle this automatically, but it does not look like it.

Is there any example or suggestion how to handle this scenario? It could also be AbstractBinResponseConsumer.

thanks, miso

Re: gzip encoding with HttpAsyncClient

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2021-03-18 at 15:59 +0100, Michal Hlavac wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask if it's possible to use
> AbstractCharResponseConsumer when content-encoding is gzip.
> I thought that http client will handle this automatically, but it
> does not look like it.
>
> Is there any example or suggestion how to handle this scenario? It
> could also be AbstractBinResponseConsumer.
>
> thanks, miso

It is certainly possible but one needs to build and contribute non-
blocking support for GZIP compression

See HTTPCLIENT-1822 for details

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1822

Oleg