Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ryan Bloom <rb...@ntrnet.net> on 2000/02/10 15:26:33 UTC

Apache 2.0 alpha

Ok, Apache 2.0 is getting close to alpha quality.  I would like to suggest
an alpha release about a week after the 1.3.12 release.  I am suggesting
we wait until after 1.3.12 because trying to have two releases at the same
time is too much to ask of people.

I volunteer to take care of any administrative tasks that are associated
with an alpha release.

Ryan

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.

Re: Apache 2.0 alpha

Posted by rb...@apache.org.
I say if it's ported, we should include it.  If not, I would expect to be
able to include it in a later alpha or beta.  I would like to see it
included before we release however.

Ryan

Re: Apache 2.0 alpha

Re: Apache 2.0 alpha

Posted by David Reid <ab...@dial.pipex.com>.
Ryan,

Agreed about the STATUS file.  However, if we're going to alter the
directory structure it'd be nice if we did that pre-alpha.  Code changes, no
worries, but if we issue and alpha then overhaul the directory structure it
just honks people off!

Anyway, whatever...

d.

> Ok, Apache 2.0 is getting close to alpha quality.  I would like to suggest
> an alpha release about a week after the 1.3.12 release.  I am suggesting
> we wait until after 1.3.12 because trying to have two releases at the same
> time is too much to ask of people.
>
> I volunteer to take care of any administrative tasks that are associated
> with an alpha release.
>
> Ryan
>

> Come to the first official Apache Software Foundation
> Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

___