Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Biju T Maniampadavathu <mb...@in.ibm.com> on 2002/10/11 16:28:13 UTC

WSDL2Java XML- Java Type Mapping

For the complex type element, defined as below

      <xsd:schema targetNamespace="http://hello.test/ns/nt"
       xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" >
            <xsd:element name="StringArray">
            <xsd:complexType>
                  <xsd:sequence>
                        <xsd:element ref="xsd:string" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                  </xsd:sequence>
            </xsd:complexType>
      </xsd:element>
      </xsd:schema>

Note : The element in the <xsd:sequence> can be of any type.

   If I want to pass this type as a message for my webservices, what should
   I do?
   While running, the WSDL2Java tool aganist, the wsdl file attached which
   includes the complex type mentioned above the necessary stubs and
   skeleton files were generated. However in the StringArray class
   generated for this complextype, I could not see any provision for
   including, multiple instances of the xsd:string element. Does axis
   address this problem.

WSDL Attachment --> (See attached file: hello.wsdl)

Thanks and Regards,
biju.

Biju Thomas M