Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2007/04/13 17:43:55 UTC

Re: HTTPS service

Lately I see alot of permgen errors
With Hibernate I see javassist bytecode provider causing permgen errors
thankfully a solution is to use the cglib provider by changing
hibernate.properties hibernate.bytecode.provider.javassist  to
hibernate.bytecode.provider cglib
http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=31255
2.1_03 cglib jars available at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=56933&package_id=98218

The bigger problem is how to deal with permgen errors caused during multiple
Tomcat webapp invocations .. some suggest switching JVM to JRockit?
http://crashingdaily.wordpress.com/2007/02/04/crashing-tomcat/

Thoughts?
M--