Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Chuck Yang <ch...@getcruise.com> on 2021/06/11 19:59:57 UTC

Re: [EXT] Re: Removing deprecated oauth2client dependency for Python SDK

Thanks folks, I did take a look at the change and swapping to the
google-cloud-* libraries looks like a major refactor.

I did get something working by adding a shim so that the existing
vendored libraries can work with the google-auth credential objects,
similar to Luke's second point. Is this partial upgrade something that
could be considered?

Draft PR: https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/15004

Thanks!
Chuck