Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Eric Waegeman <er...@nuagenetworks.net> on 2016/01/28 11:08:41 UTC

Config Drive

Hi all,

we would like to port "Config drive" on KVM feature to a previous version
of Cloudstack for one of our customers. We got most of it working but have
a problem in udev not putting the config drive ISO in /dev/disk/by-label
path because it considers it to be a removable drive.

And we would like to have a look at the userdata/password scripts mentioned
in the design document
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=53740797> but
don't know where to find them.

Any help is appreciated,
Eric.

Re: Config Drive

Re: Config Drive

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hi Eric,

That's great news!
If udev is misbehaving, you could use blkid to get the device name instead, e.g.:
blkid -t LABEL="config" -o device

What OS are you seeing these problems on?

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro