Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Mike Oliver <mo...@unt.edu> on 2006/10/25 04:22:07 UTC

Why can't I static_cast a DOMElement* to a DOMNode* ?

DOMElement is derived from DOMNode, but to convert a DOMElement
pointer to a DOMNode pointer, I have to use a C-style cast.  Why?
Should I be worried about this?

Re: Why can't I static_cast a DOMElement* to a DOMNode* ?

Posted by Mike Oliver <mo...@unt.edu>.
Mike Oliver wrote:
> DOMElement is derived from DOMNode, but to convert a DOMElement
> pointer to a DOMNode pointer, I have to use a C-style cast.  Why?
> Should I be worried about this?

Never mind -- I hadn't included the right header file.  The
only reason it wasn't a syntax error was that DOMElement
was forward-declared somewhere.