Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by md kumara lal <ar...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/18 07:35:24 UTC

Acess C# web service from Java client and Vise versa.

Hi,

I am developing a Bench mark Tool for my final year Undergraduate project.While I doing it is required to acess C# web service from Java client and Vise versa.So If you have any idea let me know howto do that.It is better you can explain me that with necessary examples.

Kind Regards

Madushan Thilina.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Acess C# web service from Java client and Vise versa.

Posted by Mahen Perera <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kumara,,
 well these are the steps....
 Say u want a java client and C# service...
 1) get a Sample WSDL from somewhere...
2) use the wsdl.exe tool by Microsoft to generate the server side interface
which is in C#
3) deploy the Web Service in IIS
4) use the WSDL2Java tool by AXIS to generate the client stubs...
5) now invoke the stubs by writing some code..
 PS : make sure to change the service location in the generated client side
code to map to the location where the service is actually deplyed in the IIS
Server..
 if its a C# client and Java Service,... then also prety much the same
thing.. as in u will have to use the same tools if ur starting from the WSDL
:) ... u have to set the correct options to the wsdl.exe tool to generate
the client side code this time...
 Cheers
Mahen