Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jakob Fix <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/29 14:34:43 UTC

clarification for Fileset documentation?

Hello,

I just spend an hour or so trying to understand why the following wouldn't work:

<fileset dir="${dir.in}">
  <exclude name="${dir.in}/fig/*.png"/>
</fileset>

The reason is, and this is IMHO not mentioned in the documentation,
that the nested <exclude> and <include> elements are relative to the
directory defined in the <fileset>'s dir attribute, and not relative
to the current directory (which it is not unreasonable to expect).

The -debug output showed me the error, but it would be nice to add
this information to the documentation.

The correct way to achieve this exclusion is:

<fileset dir="${dir.in}">
  <exclude name="fig/*.png"/>
</fileset>

--