Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Charlie Cano <Ch...@bangnetworks.com> on 2002/02/13 18:09:57 UTC

Changes/Features of 1.2(beta)

Is there any info on what is changing/added in 1.2?  I've seen some posts on this list concerning 1.2beta, and mention of "Levels" alongside "Priorities".  Does 1.2 nomenclature map more closely to java.util.logging ...?

Charlie Cano
Bang Networks, Inc.
Direct: 415.551.1209
http://www.bangnetworks.com/

Re: Changes/Features of 1.2(beta)

Posted by T Master <tm...@iknowledge.com>.
The Category and Priority names were indeed modified to fit the JDK 1.4 Logging
api names, Logger and Level respectively.

Backward compatibility is maintained.  See the history i previsouly replied back
to you for what client code will need changing and what will not.

Posted by T Master <tm...@iknowledge.com>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/HISTORY