Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by zhen yin <yi...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/18 08:06:50 UTC

play animation and sound in SVG

Hi, folks:

I knew SVG has many functionalities to control graph
animation. What I plan to do is to play a wav file
controlled by SVG. Does anyone have any experience?
Should I use JAVA script?

thanks

Zhen

Re: play animation and sound in SVG

Posted by Vincent Hardy <vi...@sun.com>.
Hello Zhen,

SVG 1.0 does not specify how to play music with declarative markup. This
is something several people are interested but it is not there yet. If
you can live with using Java APIs from Java or ECMAScript code, you
could do something like what Christophe had done in:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-batik/samples/Attic/batikMusic.svg?rev=1.4&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

there were some problems with event handlers in this example (may be
Christophe will have a better recollection of why we took it out), but
the code shows how to use the javax.sound.midi package from ECMA script
code).

I hope this helps,
Vincent.