Posted to user@hive.apache.org by yogesh dhari <yo...@live.com> on 2012/09/08 21:28:47 UTC

issue regarding importing hive tables from one cluster to another.

Hi all,

 I have switched to new hdfs cluster from old cluster  ( all machines from old cluster are not connected to new cluster in any manner)

I brought edit and fsimage including ( dfs.name.dir and dfs.data.dir )from old cluster and put it over new cluster and every files and data are showing over new cluster.

is there any way out by which I can bring all tables created and there structure in hive from old cluster to new to new cluster..

Thanks & regards
Yogesh Kumar

Re: issue regarding importing hive tables from one cluster to another.

Posted by Jagat Singh <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hive structure information is in metastore which is by default in Derby
database ( which I doubt if you would be having) or in mysql or something.

Point your hive to mysql and try.

Sent from Mobile , short and crisp.