Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com> on 2001/12/18 20:10:30 UTC

Automatic content refresh (FileServerPortlet and WebPagePortlet)

If FileServerPortlet is extending the FileWatchPortlet, then shouldn't it
also support the automatic content refresh when the underlying URL changes?
Was the original intention to have another portlet which would support file
watching capability? What about the WebPagePortlet - it is also extending
FileWatchPortlet yet it does not refresh itself when the underlying URL
changes.

I was able to pinpoint why FileServerPorlet does not refresh itself when
changed (I can provide a patch if it's appropriate). However, for the life
of me, I cannot figure out how to make WebPagePortlet work that way. I
understand that local URLs are treated differently than remote ones and that
remote URLs are refreshed at predefined intervals by the DiskCacheDaemon.
Could someone please comment on whether my observations are correct? Thanks!

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch
Next Generation Solutions, Ltd.
Voice: 219-365-0691