Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Alvaro Vargas <a3...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/12 03:58:32 UTC

malaware

I download Apache OO and is full of malaware, I had to format my HD and
reinstall Win. Someone do this I do not know if its in Download sites or in
the participation. How evevr I do not install any more OO. sorry, before
Apache, was a very good alternative.

Re: malaware

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
Alvaro Vargas wrote:
> I download Apache OO and is full of malaware, I had to format my HD and
> reinstall Win. Someone do this I do not know if its in Download sites or in
> the participation. How evevr I do not install any more OO. sorry, before
> Apache, was a very good alternative.

Where did you download from?  There's no malware when you get it from
www.openoffice.org.

Re: malaware

Posted by japples <ja...@europa.com>.
Alvaro, the only "users" who have problems you describe are those who
download from sites _*other than*_ OO's official site
*http://openoffice.apache.org*.

Please redirect your unkind remarks about OO download file to the site
where you found it.  OO doesn't not add garbage nor malware.

OO has a great product that is growing in popularity so it follows the
unethical will use it to trick the unsuspecting.  Stop the unethical,
don't download from their sites.

OO developers worked very hard and spent many hours to provide a great
program.  They desire accolades.

Save yourself a lot of headaches, work and frustration by ensuring you
are downloading from an ethical site.  It is known you did not get your
download from the official OO site.

An OO user
Jack

**

*

*

Re: malaware

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Alvaro Vargas wrote:
> I download Apache OO and is full of malaware, I had to format my HD and
> reinstall Win.

The official version of Apache OpenOffice does not contain any malware.
We actively enforce our trademarks and block other sites that bundle
malware when we can. See http://s.apache.org/genuine-openoffice for all
details.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: malaware

Posted by Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>.
Hi Alvaro,

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 2:58 AM, Alvaro Vargas <a3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I download Apache OO and is full of malaware, I had to format my HD and
> reinstall Win. Someone do this I do not know if its in Download sites or in
> the participation.

As others have said, the program itself contains no malware. However, we
know there are some download sites that insert toolbar installers,
sideloaders, advertising and other malware into the download. Please can
you help us by telling us where you downloaded the package from? Maybe we
can then take some action to stop other users being harmed.

Thanks,

S.