Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Chau, Hoang" <Ho...@adp.com> on 2007/04/05 18:34:37 UTC

Addressing

Hi,

I used Axis1.4 client to communicate with .Net webservice server
(WSE3.0) and I got the following error when I tried to invoke the
methods:

Exception in thread "main" AxisFault

faultCode:
{http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-sece
xt-1.0.xsd}Security

faultSubcode:

faultString: Header
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing:Action for ultimate
recipient is required but not present in the message.

faultActor:

faultNode: http://fsettestprod.edd.ca.gov/fsetproxy/fsetservice.asmx

faultDetail:

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:Header
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing:Action for ultimate
recipient is required but not present in the message.

It looks like my Axis client using different addressing URL than the
server.  Any help would be appreciate.

Hoang

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of
the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended
recipient or an authorized representative of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this
communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return
email and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Re: Addressing

Posted by aaron aston <as...@gotwisted.com>.
I just went through the pain of getting Axis2 to work with WSE2.0,
perhaps some of my experience relates.

I think the WS-Addressing support in Axis is 'deprecated'.  I
remember reading a mailing list post indicating that "only one person
is using it".  I switched from Axis 1.x to Axis2 for just this reason.

The addressing module in Axis2 supports the current W3C
recommendation by default;  the namespace for this version is "http://
www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing".  You can make Axis2 downgrade to the
'submission' version (ie: the version as submitted to the W3C by IBM,
BEA, and Microsoft, namespace "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/
addressing") with the following code:

   ConfigurationContext config = ...;
   config.setProperty(AddressingConstants.WS_ADDRESSING_VERSION,
AddressingContstants.Submission.WSA_NAMESPACE);
   SomeStub stub = new SomeStub(config, endpoint);

For your reference, the AddressingConstants source is available at:
   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/
modules/kernel/src/org/apache/axis2/addressing/AddressingConstants.java

To interoperate with WSE2.0 I had to hack the Axis2 source, changing
2004/08 to 2004/03 ...

Aaron.

On 5-Apr-07, at 12:34 PM, Chau, Hoang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I used Axis1.4 client to communicate with .Net webservice server
> (WSE3.0) and I got the following error when I tried to invoke the
> methods:
>
> Exception in thread "main" AxisFault
>
> faultCode: {http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-
> wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd}Security
>
> faultSubcode:
>
> faultString: Header http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/
> addressing:Action for ultimate recipient is required but not
> present in the message.
>
> faultActor:
>
> faultNode: http://fsettestprod.edd.ca.gov/fsetproxy/fsetservice.asmx
>
> faultDetail:
>
> {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:Header http://
> schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing:Action for ultimate
> recipient is required but not present in the message.
>
> It looks like my Axis client using different addressing URL than
> the server.  Any help would be appreciate.
>

> Hoang
>

> This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of
> the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and
> confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended
> recipient or an authorized representative of the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this
> communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return
> email and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Aaron Aston | Twisted Pair | 905.852.0950