Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> on 2008/01/29 16:37:10 UTC

JCR via RMI

Hi all,

We're in the process of developing a web content management system,
and we have just discovered Sling. It seems like a great platform for
us to build our application on top of.

>From just test-driving Sling, it appears that it hosts its own
Jackrabbit instance. In our scenario, we would like to keep our
application and Jackrabbit on separate servers, for easier scaling.

Is it possible to configure Sling to connect to a remote Jackrabbit
repository over RMI, instead of hosting its own repository?

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Akersgata 16, N-0158 Oslo, Norway

Re: JCR via RMI

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.
On 1/29/08, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you set the configuration property "name" to the RMI URL, the
> SlingClientRepository class fails getting the repository by JNDI and
> uses the RMI URL to get the repository in the lower part of the
> getRepository() method.

Great, thanks! We will give it a shot.

Re: JCR via RMI

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If you set the configuration property "name" to the RMI URL, the
SlingClientRepository class fails getting the repository by JNDI and
uses the RMI URL to get the repository in the lower part of the
getRepository() method.

Regards
Felix

Re: JCR via RMI

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: JCR via RMI

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vidar,

Am Dienstag, den 29.01.2008, 16:37 +0100 schrieb Vidar Ramdal:
> We're in the process of developing a web content management system,
> and we have just discovered Sling. It seems like a great platform for
> us to build our application on top of.

Glad to hear that !

> >From just test-driving Sling, it appears that it hosts its own
> Jackrabbit instance. In our scenario, we would like to keep our
> application and Jackrabbit on separate servers, for easier scaling.
>
> Is it possible to configure Sling to connect to a remote Jackrabbit
> repository over RMI, instead of hosting its own repository?

Sure, just replace the jackrabbit-server bundle contained by default
with the jackrabbit-client bundle and you can access your repository
over RMI.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix