Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Sam Seigal <se...@yahoo.com> on 2011/10/14 23:45:51 UTC

memory requirements for daemons

Hi All,

I have the Datanode, JobTracker and RegionServer daemons running on a
fleet of machines. Each of these machines have 8 G of memory and are
dedicated hardware for running HBase. How do you guys decided which %
of memory to assign to each ? What should this number be dependent on
?

Thank you,

Sam

Re: memory requirements for daemons

Posted by Sam Seigal <se...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry, I meant *TaskTracker. The main purpose of the HBase cluster it
to run Map-Reduce jobs. The random read load is fairly low. Currently,
I have allocates 5 G to the Region Server, and 500 MB to Task Tracker
and 500 MB to DataNode.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.