Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Damian Guy <da...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/30 11:18:25 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-173: Add prefix to StreamsConfig to enable setting default internal topic configs

Hi,

I've put together what will hopefully be a not too contentious KIP to
enable the setting of default configs for streams internal topics via
StreamsConfig.

You can find the KIP here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-173%3A+Add+prefix+to+StreamsConfig+to+enable+setting+default+internal+topic+configs
There is a PR here: https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/3459

Thanks,
Damian

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-173: Add prefix to StreamsConfig to enable setting default internal topic configs

Posted by Damian Guy <da...@gmail.com>.
I'm going to leave it as is for now. We can do another KIP later if it is
deemed necessary - which i'm not yet convinced it is.

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Damian Guy <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Damian. LGTM.

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-173: Add prefix to StreamsConfig to enable setting default internal topic configs

Posted by Damian Guy <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

--
-- Guozhang