Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Arnaud G <gr...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/12 09:47:17 UTC

Queue incoherent state

Hi again!

I currently have  another issue with incoherent queue status.

Following the upgrade to 1.2 of a cluster, I have a couple of queues that
display through the GUI a high number of flowfiles.

As the queue were no emptying despite tuning, I tried to list the content
of the queue. This action returns that the queue contains no flowfile,
which is not the expected as the GUI displays another value.

If I try to empty the queue, I receive a message: 0 FlowFiles (0 bytes) out
of 210'000 (92.71MB) were removed from the queue.

And of course I cannot delete the queue as this action reports me that the
queue is not empty.

So somehow it seems that the queue are empty but that the current display
of the queue don't reflect it (it is very likely that some data were lost
during the upgrade procedure as we had to reboot a few node to change the
heap property)

What will be the best method to restore a proper state and be able to edit
the flow file again?

Thank you!

Arnaud

Re: Queue incoherent state

Posted by Arnaud G <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi again,

Unfortunately I didn't save the logs when the node restarted, but I don't
remember anything that provided me a clue regarding the reason of the
blocked queue.

I just have a few logs during the week-end when the queues were in this
strange state:

2017-05-14 09:01:29,635 INFO [pool-12-thread-1] org.wali.
MinimalLockingWriteAheadLog org.wali.MinimalLockingWriteAheadLog@7bdc0ad3
checkpointed with 85016 Records and 18 Swap Files in 5447 milliseconds
(Stop-the-world time = 37 milliseconds, Clear Edit Logs time = 30 millis),
max Transaction ID 307183065

2017-05-14 09:04:48,056 INFO [Write-Ahead Local State Provider Maintenance]
org.wali.MinimalLockingWriteAheadLog
org.wali.MinimalLockingWriteAheadLog@265c0752
checkpointed with 2 Records and 0 Swap Files in 22 milliseconds
(Stop-the-world time = 1 milliseconds, Clear Edit Logs time = 1 millis),
max Transaction ID 7

2017-05-14 09:05:37,737 INFO [pool-12-thread-1] org.wali.
MinimalLockingWriteAheadLog org.wali.MinimalLockingWriteAheadLog@7bdc0ad3
checkpointed with 85016 Records and 18 Swap Files in 4677 milliseconds
(Stop-the-world time = 35 milliseconds, Clear Edit Logs time = 17 millis),
max Transaction ID 307183065

2017-05-14 09:11:50,435 INFO [pool-12-thread-1] o.a.n.c.r.
WriteAheadFlowFileRepository Successfully checkpointed FlowFile Repository
with 85016 records in 4057

milliseconds

This log is reporting 85K records that were not available if I requested
the queue status (the queue was always empty) and overall the queue were
reporting more elements (over 100K)

As we can see this records were stuck as 2 hours later they were still
there, and other records were flowing nicely during the week-end in the
cluster.

2017-05-14 11:01:12,839 INFO [pool-12-thread-1] o.a.n.c.r.
WriteAheadFlowFileRepository Successfully checkpointed FlowFile Repository
with 85016 records in 3408 milliseconds

Regarding disk space, I don't think that it ran out of space at any moment.
I even have a local backup of the flowfile directory that I did before
emptying it.

I hope it helps.

Arnaud

Re: Queue incoherent state

Re: Queue incoherent state

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for following up with these details. I'm going to add these
observations to the corresponding JIRA [1].

Thanks and sorry again for the inconvenience.

Matt

Re: Queue incoherent state

Posted by Arnaud G <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt,