Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ryan de Vera <ry...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/14 01:22:34 UTC

Help running hadoop example

Hello everyone,

I just downloaded Hadoop verision 1.2.1 to my macbook and I am having
trouble running the example. I used this
tutorial http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Running_Hadoop_On_OS_X_10.5_64-bit_(Single-Node_Cluster)
<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Running_Hadoop_On_OS_X_10.5_64-bit_(Single-Node_Cluster)>.
I am having trouble running the example.

When I run
hadoop-*/bin/hadoop jar hadoop-examples-1.2.1.jar grep input output
'dfs[a-z.]+'

I get the error that it is not a valid jar. what am I doing wrong?

Best regards,

Ryan

Re: Help running hadoop example

Posted by Sindhu Hosamane <si...@gmail.com>.
May be u should give the complete path of jar file .
That is absolute path .

Best Regards,
Sindhu

Posted by Sindhu Hosamane <si...@gmail.com>.