Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2018/01/10 16:12:52 UTC

Fixing SourceTree GitHub push problems on Mac

Hi,

I finally get sourcetree working with GitHub account. This was very hard to
get.

The problem I was having is that I get only the first push to work, the
second was giving me a 403 error.

I comment here that for me the solution was (I'm on Mac):
1.- Remove all sourcetree con gif with this command con terminal: rm
-rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/SourceTree

2.- Go to keychain  and search for all registers about "sourcetree", "git",
"GitHub" and remove all.

3.- Reconfigure Sourcetree. When you add your GItHub account you must do
this with OAUTH and HTTPS and your username/password for GitHub

4.- When you make your first commit the username is the same as before, but
the password is the TOKEN you created in Github. When the system request
for access click "Allow Always"

...then you should commit and push more than one time. I try in
Royale-website and could do this 4 times.

I final can make some Royale developement. Until now I was stuck with this
cumbersome problem

Best

--
Carlos Rovira