Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2004/03/29 19:39:01 UTC

Re: Problem with svn:externals property on the root directory of a wo rking copy

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 13:20, Marc Haesen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I run the following script on windows using revision 9207 on trunk:
>
>     set rootdir=propbug
>
>     svnadmin create repos1
>     svnadmin create repos2
>
>     svn mkdir -m "" file:///%rootdir%/repos1/dir1
>     svn mkdir -m "" file:///%rootdir%/repos2/dir2
>
>     svn co file:///%rootdir%/repos1 wc
>     svn propset svn:externals "dir2 file:///%rootdir%/repos2/dir2" wc
>     svn commit -m "" wc
>     svn propget svn:externals wc
>     svn up wc
>     rm -rf wc
>     svn co file:///%rootdir%/repos1 wc
>     svn propget svn:externals wc
>     svn up wc
>     svn propget svn:externals file:///%rootdir%/repos1

Holy smokes, something is really b0rken here.  This script gives me the
same bug on Linux!  It's not specific to svn:externals;  it reproduces
with *any* property.

Filing an issue right now.

Re: Problem with svn:externals property on the root directory of a wo rking copy

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> writes:

> Holy smokes, something is really b0rken here.  This script gives me the
> same bug on Linux!  It's not specific to svn:externals;  it reproduces
> with *any* property.

I've seen something like that before but I don't remember the exact
circumstances.  As I recall it only affected checkout, not update, and
it only affected the working copy root.

--
Philip Martin