Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by bikash sharma <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/23 20:57:38 UTC

Getting the cpu, memory usage of map/reduce tasks

Hi -- Is it possible to get the cpu and memory usage of individual
map/reduces tasks when any mapreduce job is run.
I came across this jira issue, but was not sure about the exact ways to
access in the current hadoop distriubtion

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bikash

RE: Getting the cpu, memory usage of map/reduce tasks

Posted by Ralf Heyde <ra...@gmx.de>.
Hi Bikash,

every map-/reduce task is - as far as I know - a single jvm instance - you
can configure and/or run with jvm options.
Maybe you can track these jvm's by using some system tools.

Regards,
Ralf

Posted by bikash sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Raif.