Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/27 17:26:51 UTC

Tuscany JavaDocs Refresh

I noticed an older Tuscany Jira requesting an update on the Tuscany
JavaDocs [1]. It appears the last public Tuscany JavaDoc we release is
at the 0.9 level. I intend on resolving the Jira and making a 1.4 level
JavaDoc and publishing at http://tuscany.apache.org/doc/javadoc/. Any
words of wisdom or other helpful hints before I jump?

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2485
--
Thanks, Dan Becker

Re: Tuscany JavaDocs Refresh

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.
Luciano Resende wrote:

>    Thanks a lot for taking care of this :) It was long due.
>    Any chance you have steps or a unix script that we could use to
> generate this during release process ?

I used a progammable editor to generate the docs, but I think it would
be a good idea to create some scripts and add it to our build, perhaps a
Maven docs profile. Let me take this action item.

One limitation we have right now is a Sun JavaDocs bug that causes a
ClassCastException and kills the docs generation. Individual class doc
files are created but some links in the index file are missing. It seems
that classes that use annotations (e.g. Tuscany) can cause this problem.
There are a few workarounds, but the one I tried (putting Annotation
classes on the classpath) did not prevent the issue.

Vote for this Sun bug if you have a free bug vote!

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Dan,

--
Luciano Resende