Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by sushixiang <sh...@qq.com> on 2019/11/20 05:47:57 UTC

How does shardingsphere handle queries about information_shema ?

How does shardingsphere handle queries about information_shema ?

Now, when I query from tables in information_schema, exception like "Table 'information.column' doesn't exist"&nbsp;will cause.

So, does shardingsphere deal with the information_shema query scene?

Re:How does shardingsphere handle queries about information_shema ?

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.
Sure, a further discussion, as the first step,  is necessary.

 Juan Pan

panjuan@apache.org
Juan Pan(Trista), Apache ShardingSphere

On 11/20/2019 14:23,sushixiang<sh...@qq.com> wrote:
Thank you,&nbsp;

And I think this feature may need a further disscussion.

------------------&nbsp;Original&nbsp;------------------
From:&nbsp;"Juan Pan"<panjuan@apache.org&gt;;
Date:&nbsp;Wed, Nov 20, 2019 02:15 PM
To:&nbsp;"dev@shardingsphere.apache.org"<dev@shardingsphere.apache.org&gt;;
Cc:&nbsp;"dev"<dev@shardingsphere.apache.org&gt;;
Subject:&nbsp;Re:How does shardingsphere handle queries about information_shema ?

Exactly true. ShardingSphere only returns the metadata of actual table currently. We expect someone who is interested in it can do some contributions to make it better. :)

Welcome.

&nbsp;Juan Pan

panjuan@apache.org
Juan Pan(Trista), Apache ShardingSphere

On 11/20/2019 14:11,sushixiang<shixiangsu@qq.com&gt; wrote:
Thanks for replying.

But, there are also some problems.If my sql is "select * from information_schema.columns where table_name = 't_order'", shardingsphere will not response the correct result while the t_oder is a sharding table, because the physical table name may be t_order_0. It may be not elegant for using the physical table name.

------------------&amp;nbsp;Original&amp;nbsp;------------------
From:&amp;nbsp;"Juan Pan"<panjuan@apache.org&amp;gt;;
Date:&amp;nbsp;Wed, Nov 20, 2019 02:03 PM
To:&amp;nbsp;"dev@shardingsphere.apache.org"<dev@shardingsphere.apache.org&amp;gt;;
Cc:&amp;nbsp;"dev"<dev@shardingsphere.apache.org&amp;gt;;

Hi did you use MySQL?
Please add item of `defaultDataSource` to your shardingRule configuration. When ShardingSphere doesn’t find any sharding table named `column`, it will send query to default datasource, i.e `innformation_schema`.

&amp;nbsp;Juan Pan

On 11/20/2019 13:47,sushixiang<shixiangsu@qq.com&amp;gt; wrote:
How does shardingsphere handle queries about information_shema ?

Now, when I query from tables in information_schema, exception like "Table 'information.column' doesn't exist"&amp;amp;nbsp;will cause.

Posted by sushixiang <sh...@qq.com>.
Thank you,&nbsp;

From:&nbsp;"Juan Pan"<panjuan@apache.org&gt;;
Date:&nbsp;Wed, Nov 20, 2019 02:03 PM
To:&nbsp;"dev@shardingsphere.apache.org"<dev@shardingsphere.apache.org&gt;;
Cc:&nbsp;"dev"<dev@shardingsphere.apache.org&gt;;

On 11/20/2019 13:47,sushixiang<shixiangsu@qq.com&gt; wrote:
How does shardingsphere handle queries about information_shema ?

Now, when I query from tables in information_schema, exception like "Table 'information.column' doesn't exist"&amp;nbsp;will cause.

Posted by sushixiang <sh...@qq.com>.
Thanks for replying.