Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ca...@nc.rr.com on 2007/07/09 20:27:47 UTC

Spamd logging to syslog

After upgrading to 3.2.1 from 3.1.1 and not installing with an rpm, i am
unable to get any shell script to work for spamd. Our old spamd script
was logging to a syslog server. So, using the /usr/bin/spamd binary, is
it possible to log to a syslog server? If so, how would i do this?

Chris

Re: Spamd logging to syslog

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 02:27:47PM -0400, carnold5@nc.rr.com wrote:
> After upgrading to 3.2.1 from 3.1.1 and not installing with an rpm, i am
> unable to get any shell script to work for spamd. Our old spamd script
> was logging to a syslog server. So, using the /usr/bin/spamd binary, is
> it possible to log to a syslog server? If so, how would i do this?

It does so by default, to the mail facility.

Just to verify, you have the Sys::Syslog module installed?  (I believe it's
standard with perl, and spamd would likely crash w/ an error if it wasn't,
but...)

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"A way out of financial mess is discovered as if by magic!"