Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org> on 2022/02/10 19:27:54 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.x End-Of-Life (EOL) announcement

The Apache Tika Project Team would like to inform you that the Apache Tika
1.x branch is now in security-only maintenance until September 30, 2022.
After that date, we will not make updates or releases from our 1.x branch.
We will continue to make security fixes and security-related
dependency upgrades in our 1.x branch as necessary until September 30,
2022.

We initially announced this on our website on December 16, 2021 with
the release of Tika 2.2.0: https://tika.apache.org/

Questions and Answers:

With the announcement of Tika 1.x EoL, what happens to
Tika 1.x resources?

All resources will stay where they are. Users will still
be able to download source code from our branch_1x branch via
github[1]; and published artifacts will remain available on
maven central and in the Apache archives[2].

[1] https://github.com/apache/tika/tree/branch_1x
[2] https://archive.apache.org/dist/tika/

Is there an immediate need to upgrade to Tika 2.x in my projects?

As of today, there aren't known critical vulnerabilities affecting the
soon-to-be-released Tika 1.28.1.  However, considering that there are
several breaking changes in the 2.x branch, we encourage making the
migration soon to allow time to adjust your client code as
necessary.  For up-to-date documentation on migrating to 2.x, see [3].

[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TIKA/Migrating+to+Tika+2.0.0

My friends / colleagues and I would like to see Tika 1.x being
maintained after September 30, 2022. What can we do?

You may fork the existing source and support it on your own.

Kind regards
-
The Apache Tika Team

Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.x End-Of-Life (EOL) announcement

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
(FYI)

Betreff: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.x End-Of-Life (EOL) announcement
Datum: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 09:04:13 -0400
Von: Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>
Antwort an: user@tika.apache.org, tallison@apache.org
An: user@tika.apache.org
Kopie (CC): <de...@tika.apache.org> <de...@tika.apache.org>

Resending to user@ cc'ing dev@.  Tika 1.x reaches its EoL in a few
days...on September 30, 2022.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.x End-Of-Life (EOL) announcement

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.