Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2013/07/12 17:13:18 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Airavata Release 0.8 - RC6

Discussion thread for vote on Apache Airavata 0.8 release candidate 6.

Thanks every for your patience in testing through the RC's. I think we are scavenging some lingering issues and fixing them for good. So please continue to test on.

If you have any questions or feedback or to post results of validating the release, please reply to this thread. Once you verify the release, please post your vote to the VOTE thread.

For reference, the Apache release guide  - http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

Some tips to validate the release before you vote:

* Download the binary version and run the 5 minute or 10 minute tutorial as described in README and website.
* Download the source files from compressed files and release tag and build (which includes tests).
* Verify the distribution for the required LICENSE and NOTICE files
* Verify if all the staged files are signed and the signature is verifiable.
* Verify if the signing key in the project's KEYS file is hosted on a public server

Thanks for your time in validating the release and voting,
Suresh
(On Behalf of Airavata PMC)

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata Release 0.8 - RC6

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.
Following are the tests I ran.

Linux:
Using and standalone server and using tomcat server web application
5 and 10 minute tutorials
Airavata client samples
Airavata client library test
Source pack & release tag build (without unit tests)
Windows:
Using Standalone server
5 and 10 minute tutorials
Airavata client samples
Source pack build (integration tests - N/A)
Verified signatures
Verified LICENCE and NOTICE files in all binaries (could not open
apache-airavata-xbaya-gui-0.8-jnlp.tar.gz in my linux)

Saminda

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.
Please make sure votes go on the [vote] thread.

Marlon

Posted by Chathuri Wimalasena <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Devs,

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Amila,

Can you cast the vote on the vote thread? Its needed for future provenance. You can leave the testing method on the discuss thread and just the vote on other thread. I know gmail combines these threads, and you need to ping point.

Suresh

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.