Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jesus Redrado <jr...@edunet-es.com> on 1998/07/22 11:12:36 UTC

Proxy Error

Hi,

I'm trying to install Apache 1.3 in order to use a proxy server on RedHat 5.0 (kernel version 2.0.34-1).

Frecuently, Apache proxy reports the following messages:

Proxy Errror
The proxy server could not handle the request GET http://www.somehost.com
Reason: Could not connect to remote host: No route to host ( or invalid argument )

However, traceroute or ping don't report any error.

I have tried Apache 1.2.6,1.30 and RedHat 5.0 (kernel 2.0.32 and 2.0.34-1).

Is there any bug in the resolver library?
What does it mean "SINIX_D_RESOLVER_BUG" in the proxy code?
Why "connect function" reports this error"?

Thanks in advance,

Jesús Redrado
EduNet
jredrado@edunet-es.com