Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2021/09/25 11:09:27 UTC

Challenges with PROFINET

Gee ...

After being happy to be able to get the first valid connection response from my PROFINET device, I just noticed that this endinaness stuff is going to be a bit more tricky than initially expected.

So in my connection request, my trick with simply setting it to BigEndian worked nicely and the PN device correctly responded. However I just noticed that the PN device simply responds in LE.

So I have to make the endianess dynamic :-/

Let's see what I come up with ... it's ony in two layers of the protocol, that I've seen this (In de DEC/RPC and the wrapper level of the PN Packet). Also does it only have an effect on 4-5 fields, so I'll probably aim for a solution that sort of works here.

Chris