Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/25 00:31:57 UTC

Duplicate MoreLikeThis.java

I was going to write this (+ diff below):
  It looks like we have duplicate MoreLikeThis.java in contrib.  Which one would you like to keep, Mark (Harwood)?
But then I looked at contrib/similarity and saw that most/all of its content has been moved to contrib/queries.  Should we remove contrib/similarity?

$ diff -bB ./contrib/similarity/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/similar/MoreLikeThis.java ./contrib/queries/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/similar/MoreLikeThis.java

2,7c2,6
<  * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
<  * contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
<  * this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
<  * The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
<  * (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
<  * the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
---

Re: Duplicate MoreLikeThis.java

Posted by markharw00d <ma...@yahoo.co.uk>.
I believe they are the same but the one to keep is in contrib/queries.

The "queries" directory was suggested as a better location for
organising contrib code - see here:
    http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/lucene/java-dev/32872#32872

I chose to copy MoreLikeThis to contrib/queries and not remove
contrib/similarity at the time to avoid breaking any dependencies but I
suspect the time is right to remove contrib/similarity now.

Any objections?