Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Micah Kornfield <em...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/02 09:03:52 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE][Format] Allow for 256-bit Decimal's in the Arrow specification

The vote carries with:

5 binding +1 votes.
3 non-binding + 1 votes

No 0 or -1 votes.

I'll wait until tomorrow (Friday) evening to merge the format changes in
case there are more wordsmithing comments.  I'll also work on rebasing the
existing Decimal256 branch and prepare a PR for the implementation.

Thank you for your votes/feedback.

-Micah