Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2017/12/06 11:03:23 UTC

Taverna Mobile release plan

Who is willing to be Release Manager?

What is blocking?  What do people need help with?

Should we release just the source tar-ball right awawy and then package
binary for Android Market "privately"?

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: Taverna Mobile release plan

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Yea, I think if we do the source-only release of Taverna Mobile, then
unless that release plugin that was mentioned works, then we can just do
it manually as it's not Maven-based.

So you would have to do a clean checkout, tag, tar (come up with
filename scheme), make sha1/md5/asc files, then upload to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/taverna/ to vote on.

So it sounds easy, but still quite a lot.. so good if we could get that
release plugin working.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

To make a good start on this could everyone have a quick read of the
LICENCE, NOTICE and README.md in
https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-mobile to make sure that
they make sense and comply with the Apache rules. Once we are happy I
can start the release process. Hopefully a little bit of pre-work will
help to reduce the number of times we go round the release process. Here
is some info about the process
https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html

Cheers,

Ian

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Sagar <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I also agree with the Ian.
I am building a release candidate APK then Ian can go ahead with the
release process.
And I will share all the private details with you on
private@taverna.incubator.apache.org.
Sorry for late reply.

Thanks

‌
<https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mailtrack-for-gmail-inbox/ndnaehgpjlnokgebbaldlmgkapkpjkkb?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality>

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 8:26 PM, Ian Dunlop <ia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There is nothing blocking it except time and people. I think we should
> just go for the tar-ball and then worry about the market place after. I'm
> happy to be release manager but I also don't want to end up being the
> blocker due to time constraints. If we make the assumption that the code as
> in the repo is good to go then we can make a start at the release process.
>
> How much of the existing release process applies? Is it just a case of
> tarring it up and pushing to the release repo?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ian
>

> On 06/12/2017 11:03, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
>
>> Who is willing to be Release Manager?
>>
>> What is blocking?  What do people need help with?
>>

>> Should we release just the source tar-ball right awawy and then package
>> binary for Android Market "privately"?

--

Warmest regards
Sagar