Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Srikanth Madarapu <sr...@senior-systems.com> on 2006/05/16 21:43:03 UTC

Unable to consume a secure web service from with in a JSP

Hi

   I am trying to consume a web service that is available on a secure
web server (oracle app server). I have created a jsp and deployed under
Tomcat 5.5.9. When I try to consume the web service I am getting the
error below...

Caused by: HTTP transport error: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException:
java.security.PrivilegedActionException: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException:
Message send failed: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No
trusted certificate found

I know why this error is being generated, basically I need to supply the
client certificate with the system properties, javax.net.ssl.trustStore
and propertiesjavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword. I have set them with the
following statements in the JSP scriptlet and also in the proxy class
that connects to the web service but neither of them work.

System.setProperty( "javax.net.ssl.trustStore", "client.keystore" );
System.setProperty( "javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword", "changeit");

If I run the proxy client as a standalone java program it works fine and
I get the intended results from the web service.

It would be greatly appreciated if somebody can tell me what am I
missing.

Thanks
Srikanth

RE: Unable to consume a secure web service from with in a JSP

Posted by "Paul, Richardson" <Ri...@ca.com>.
Hi,
This might not be the issue that you are facing, but please check if the
connection goes through an ISA server. If it is then it would require
authentication for the connection, by default. This sometimes cause
problems with the applications using SOAP for SSL. Please run a
monitoring from the firewall/proxy for the client machines IP (the
machine that's trying to connect to your service). If in-fact you are
behind an ISA/ISA 2004 box, let me know if you would need any further
help with configuring ISA. Hope this helps. Thanks

Cheers!
Richie